Due to the software/hardware combination of not being able to install apps to the SD card and phones simply having inadequate amounts of internal storage, a weak point of Android has been that users often have run out of space for apps. One could think that the problem would be a thing of the past with Android 2.2’s apps2SD support, but many people running Froyo are still unable to install all the apps and games they want and need to prioritize. Since private user data never is stored on an external storage, apps installed to the SD card will nonetheless take up space on the internal memory. And some software, like widgets, live wallpapers and system apps may not function properly if they are installed on the SD card. But there are luckily ways to free up some precious MB of internal storage if you’re starting to get desperate.
Clear the Cache of Large Apps
By clearing the cache that some applications use, you can reclaim quite a few megabytes, at least temporarily.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications on your Android.
- Press the Menu button and select the Sort by size option. If you’re on Android 2.2, select the All tab first.
- To check if an application has a cache, select it in the list and it will be stated on the resulting screen. To clear a cache, simply press the Clear cache button.
- A couple of apps that may have a cache of several MB are Maps, Market, Internet and Gallery (called Photos on some devices).
- From the Application info screen you may also clear an app’s data. This will not only clear the cache, but also all the data the app has generated. Basically, you’re “hardresetting” the app. For example, I reclaimed 2MB by erasing the data for Media Storage. It forced my Gallery app to locate all my pictures again, but the associated data for Media Storage was still much smaller in size than before I cleared it.
- Do you use homescreen replacements such as LauncherPro or ADW Launcher and have no intention of going back to Sense or the vanilla launcher? Then you can likely free up a lot of space by clearing the data for HTC Sense or Home.
- An app that automatically will list all apps that have a cache is Quick App Clean Cache ($0.76). If you have root access, there are also apps on the Market such as CacheCleaner, CacheMate and MoveCache that automate this.
Remove Apps You Never or Rarely Use Read more…
Your favorite entertainment is now all in one place, always accessible on the web and across your Android devices.
Learn more at http://play.google.com/about
A good free file manager is Astro File Manager. You can backup apps, update apps, kill tasks using this free application. Download it in Android Market.
What’s in this version:
- Version 3.1.1:
- 3.1.288 is a bug fix release. Several minor bugs were fixed.
|ASTRO File Manager
100’s of Paid Android apps Like Fruit Ninja HD, BW, Smart Office etc are avaible for free on limited time only.
If you are interested, you should pick up your Android device and head to the link embedded at the end. From there, you can scroll horizontally* through apps listed in alphabetical order. Once you come across an app that you like, tap download and, then, if you already have GetJar’s app installed, the download will begin, otherwise you will be redirected to a page where you can first download and install GetJar.
Be sure to enable Unknown sources under Settings > Applications so you can sideload the apps you download from GetJar. If you’re on Android 4.x Ice Cream Sandwich, Unknown sources can be found under Settings > Security.
I’ve already gone through the list once, quickly downloading popular apps like Paper Camera, Beautiful Widgets, Alarm Clock Xtreme, Backbreaker and Smart Office. I now intend to go through the list again so I can download more of these awesome apps.
GetJar hasn’t mentioned how long this will last, but these sort of deals are almost always for a limited time period only, so it would be best if you get to downloading these apps as soon as possible!
*Tip: If you’re browsing the apps list on a PC, you can scroll horizontally by pressing Shift while using scroll-wheel.
These are the Top 20 +4 Android Games from Free category, most of them are really one best available on store.
Here’s the list of Best Android Games of year 2011 from Android apps store.
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Seasons by Rovio Mobile Ltd.
Angry Birds byRovio Mobile Ltd.
Drag Racing by Creative Mobile
Pool Master Pro
Pool Master Pro by Terran Droid
Angry Birds Rio
Angry Birds Rio by Rovio Mobile Ltd.
Clouds & Sheep
Clouds & Sheep by HandyGames
Fruit Ninja Free
Fruit Ninja Free byHalfbrick Studios
Fruit Slice by
Cricket T20 Fever 3D
Cricket T20 Fever 3D by
Guns’n’Glory WW2 by
Paper Toss by
Backflip Studios Inc.
CONTRACT KILLER: ZOMBIES
CONTRACT KILLER byGlu Mobile
Air Control Lite
Air Control Lite byFour Pixels
Ant Smasher Free Game
Ant Smasher Free byBest, Cool & Fun Games – Free Game Creation S.A.
Asphalt 5 HD FREE
Asphalt 5 HD FREE byGameloft
Racing Moto by